Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You can be God's "IRON MAN"


As I have grown older, I have gained a serious workout program. I love lifting weights, hitting the gym, the whole male testosterone thing. If I could I would want to be as physically as strong as Sampson, the Bible’s “Iron Man”. The Word of God tells me that the Spirit of the LORD moved on Sampson, and when that happened, Samson was able to slay a lion with his bare hands, slay 30 men with his hands at one time, he could snap robes like they were pieces of thread, he slew a thousand Philistines with the Jaw bone of an ass, he carried away of the gates of the city Gaza to Hebron,(he carried them over 20 miles) and he pulled down of the pillars of the Philistine temple. In the Bible we read that he was one strong guy, but there is one point in the story that becomes the essence of this piece. Samson himself was not strong, in fact he himself never did any spectacular feat of strength, not one thing at all. It was only under the influence of the Spirit of God he became an “Iron Man”.


Now wanting to be physically strong myself, is a Darrell thing, my physical man, not necessarily my spiritual side or my spiritual ambition. The one thing that all Sampson’s great acts of strength had in common is that he did them when the Spirit of the Lord came upon him. Samson was not a giant or an extraordinary human being. He was like any one of us. But he did mighty things when the Spirit of the Lord came upon him. Without the Spirit of the Lord being upon him, he was just an ordinary guy, not an “Iron Man”. Yet as he stood in battle and faced 1000 men, not even a knife, sword or spear could pierce his skin, God’s Spirit made him an“Iron Man”. No human muscle can ever be developed into spiritual power no matter how much we exercise. Only His spirit can do that kind of miracle. So on that note, as God is my priority in life, I am constantly working on my spiritual man to make him the spiritual Samson, for it is only the spiritual Sampson that is remembered in the Word as the man of legend. The Sampson that the Spirit of the Lord moved upon is the one of our Christian lore, the Bible’s “Iron Man”.


That same Spirit that moved on Sampson, The Spirit of Lord that made him an “Iron Man”, is available to you and I. As a matter of fact we have been given it as a gift, all we have to do is receive it. Jesus said “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you”. All power belongs to God. God is God; and power belongs to him. He gives It to us, yet still It is HIS power, the power of the Holy Spirit living, breathing, and working inside of you. When we read “The power of the Holy Ghost” in Romans 15:13, just what kind of power are we talking about? Job 26:13 by his Spirit the heavens are adorned. In the 2nd verse of the first chapter of Genesis, we read, “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Earth was created by His Spirit, now that’s power. 1 Peter 3:18 Tells us that it was the Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead.
The power of the Holy Spirit is your protection, and all His omnipotence defends you. Can your enemies overcome Him? You alone can be conquered… His Spirit in you cannot…That is the awesome power of His Spirit. For the power of the Spirit is our power; the power of the Spirit is our might. Romans 8:11 He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.


Ephesians 6…Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. We can all be “Iron Men and Women” for God, by HIS SPIRIT.
We have the Spirit of the Lord in us, with us, and on us…


Jer 1:18-19(The Mess)Stand at attention while I prepare you for your work.I’m making you as impregnable as a castle, Immovable as a steel post, solid as a concrete block wall. You’re a one-man defense system. They’ll fight you, but they won’t even scratch you.I’ll back you up every inch of the way.” This is God’s Decree.


Jere 15: 19-21 I’ll turn you into a steel wall, a thick steel wall, impregnable.They’ll attack you but won’t put a dent in you, because I’m at your side, defending and delivering.”This is God’s Decree.


Doesn’t that sound like an “IRON MAN to you? Sex or age is not a prerequisite to being a mighty "Iron Man for God".You can be in a wheelchair or an Olympic athlete. You can be tall, you can be short, but there is ONE that make you into a steel wall, a thick steel wall, impregnable. Sampson had it and it wasn't his hair.You can be 8 or 80, male or female,it doesn't matter by the Spirit of God, you can be an "Iron Man".


So this is my prayer, please pray it with me today. God create in me by your Spirit a spiritual man (woman) of steel; give me the spiritual lungs of a human oxygen tank to speak forth the truth, the Gospel and blessings by your Spirit. Most importantly I will use my head and heart, and all that I am, to learn to submit my will to yours and let the Spirit of God move in my life. From this point forward, I will NEVER settle for “just being” I want to be more, more!! I will be more!! Lord create in me all of YOU, help me be all I can…. By Your Spirit I want to be Your “IRON MAN”.

No comments:

Post a Comment